Dr. C.
Dr. C., Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience, Board Certified, Award winning educator
54412793

I am at week 3. I had a Clomid assisted ovulation with the

Customer Question

I am at week 3. I had a Clomid assisted ovulation with the Ovedril trigger. I did my second cycle IUI on 10/28, and had my progesterone test today. My level was 8.5. Is this a normal level for 1 week post ovulation?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. I can help you today.

The normal range depends on the lab doing the testing. They will normally provide the range in the report. The correct range to look at is the numbers for the luteal phase. Generally speaking, I can say that 8.5 seems a bit lowish but is probably still in the normal range for the lab. Many doctors will supplement a woman with natural micronized progesterone. This will not cause harm but at least in theory may help sustain a weak pregnancy.

I hope things go well for you. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add more details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lab was used by my fertility Doctor. Basically, he called me today and said that the progesterone test only showed that I ovulated and that I should come back next week for my pregnancy test.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes it was in the normal range then for the lab your doctor uses. I hope you get a positive next next week. I know this is a terribly anxious time for you. Anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

ok, Good luck. I hope all goes well. Please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.