Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I am looking physician here in Nashville, Tenn who treats

Customer Question

Hello, I am looking for a physician here in Nashville, Tenn who treats with Angioprim. oral chelation. My 93 year old mom has carotid artery stenosis and is currently in the hospital with aspirating pneumonia and dysphagia. Do you have any suggestions on how to get this type of help for her to stop
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Unfortunately there are no scientific studies which substantiates that it can open up the carotid artery stenosis. So board certified physicians are apprehensive of using it alone as a solitary therapy. In a hospitalized patient, who has pneumonia and dysphagia, oral chelation is not recommended.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be recommended for someone then with this problem. I am desperately looking for answers for my mom.

A carotid artery stenting would be the best for her in her age group. You may discuss this possibility with her doctors.

For dysphagia, she may need a stomach tube feeding, which will prevent the aspiration.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.