Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My 10 month grandson was hospitalized and spent a week and

Customer Question

My 10 month grandson was hospitalized for cellulitis and spent a week and had surgery to remove the abscesses. He went home today and I am concerned it will crop up somewhere else.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now concerned he may have had Mrsa.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His mother works in a nursing home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She thinks she brought it home as a carrier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They live far away from me and I am just very worried.
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear that your grandson has had this serious illness and need for surgery . The cellulitis infection and abscesses would be treated with the combination of the surgery to relieve the abscesses plus IV (intravenous ) antibiotics while in hospital and oral antibiotics as he leaves the hospital . The areas of infection and his healing after surgery will be followed and checked by his doctor . He will probably have outpatient follow up visits with his pediatrician this week and next week .

I hope that this information is helpful.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I Will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD