Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My symptoms are all over the place and I 't know what's

Customer Question

My symptoms are all over the place and I don't know what's related but I've been sick since December 2014 and I've seen a few doctors with no luck so I'll give this a try. Symptoms include: runny nose, sore throat, lots of coughing, headaches, extreme dizziness (causing me to have to sit back down immediately or sometimes I'll faint), constant nausea with a few days here and there that I'll throw up all day, lack of appetite (or maybe that's just because I know eating makes me feel more nauseous), frequent stabbing pain in the ribs/stomach, and fatigue. Those have been pretty much constant for almost an entire year and it only seems to be getting worse, albeit fairly slowly. Another thing, it's only been two weeks though so might not be a big deal is a whooshing sound in my left year. I think that's everything. It's hard to remember what isn't normal after this long. Thanks for looking.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

I understand your frustrations.

These symptoms are due to the systemic inflammatory response.

Your body's immune system is reacting constantly against some unknown allergens.

Environmental allergies against grass, pollens, dust mite, bird droppings, chemical intolerance against carpets, wall paint, even mold exposure can cause these chronic symptoms.

Old houses from water leakage can grow mold and that can cause systemic symptoms over time.

Immediate treatment will be long course of oral steroid with prednisone starting with 60 mg daily for a week, then taper by 10 mg every week to minimum dose of 10 mg daily and continue till symptoms subside completely.

Antihistamine alone is not adequate in your case.

It is better to see an allergy specialist and get a comprehensive allergy testing to identify the allergens you are reacting against.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/