Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I am having blood in my urine and extreme pain in my lower

Customer Question

I am having blood in my urine and extreme pain in my lower abdominal area, it feels like I have a sore where the utherua and bladder join, suddenally as quickly as it started it is gone. what is this and how do i gft it stopped?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

You need further evaluation by a urologist.. and this needs to be as soon as you can get in ..

It sounds very likely that you may have a kidney stone as a cause for your pain plus blood in the urine...

Other causes are possible however..

You need diagnostic testing...

For now I would advise that you drink plenty of water >> 8 to 12 ounces of water every hour while awake >> this may help to reduce size of stones and help these to pass if this is your cause...

A multitude of causes are possible (Av malformation within the bladder for example .. renal cancer, bladder cancer , hemorrhagic cystitis as possible causes.. ) A kidney stone or stones would most commonly and consistently seem to fit with the sharp intermittent pains plus the blood in urine however..

Added testing will likely need to include a renal CT and cystoscopy...

I hope that this information is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback, Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD