Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Ok I'm prescribed adderall 15 mg I had a drug screen I was

Customer Question

Ok I'm prescribed adderall 15 mg I had a drug screen I was wondering if I can back with a false positive would they no how much adderall I have been taking I haven't taken any for 48 hours prior to my test but took about 80 mg two days prior
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

The half life of Adderall is near 10-20 hours so it should be completely out of symptoms after 48-72 hours after last dose.

Adderall shows up positive on a drug test for amphetamine however not for methamphetamine.

If you have valid prescription for Adderall then usually it's not a problem

If a test shows for Amphetamine then Medical Review office 'll discuss with you and needs prescription.

If you test positive for meth then further testing including GC/MS should be done for confirmatory results.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but after I show a false positive even if I have a prescription will they be able to tell I took more than the recommended 15 mg dose ?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

As you have taken extra doses of Adderall that were larger (5 times what you were prescribed), then that might be detected, the variation (based on time from last dose, intake of water, metabolic rate etc) can alter the concentration of drug.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I didn't take any for 48 hours before my test would my levels appear normal as if I just took my normal doses The day of the test
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

As we have discussed earlier,higher the dose longer the detection time and higher the concentration of drug in urine.

If you took normal dose before test then chances of negative results are high after 48 hours.

Hope this helps.

If you are satisfied with our conversation then bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.

Feel free for further queries.