Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I am having some issues. Since last November, I have only

Customer Question

I am having some issues. Since last November, I have only had two periods. I gained a lot of weight (I usually weigh around 165 and gained some weight after I turned 21 and drank more frequently. I am now at 220). I have had sexual intercourse but had the two periods last November and then again in March. I'm nervous to take a pregnancy test. I have suffered from back pain, weight gain, and painful cramps. I have had some nausea but no vomiting. I do have some fatigue. I have been pregnant before and it was unsuccessful. I know that I am under a great deal of stress and I'm aware that that can affect my body. I'm not sure what steps to take besides a pregnancy test, though I do not feel the same way as I did when I was first pregnant two years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

In my opinion you should get a thyroid function test in first place to rule out hypothyroidism as a cause of weight gain and irregular periods.

Also you should undergo a ultrasound of whole abdomen especially pelvic organs for further evaluation.If possible trans vaginal ultrasound be done to check for ovaries and to rule out PCOD.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

If you have any further question then you can ask me.
I'm here to discuss further query until you get satisfaction.
Positive feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.