Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I am 37yr old female, I have been fatigued. I have gh blood

Customer Question

I am 37yr old female, I have been fatigued for awhile. I have high blood pressure and I now have a pain in my chest. Could this be a sign of a heart attack
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Do you have chest pain or discomfort now? When did it start ? ( or is it a discomfort that has come and gone ??)...

If new pain of chest or pressure / heaviness going on now then you should call 911....if concern of possible heart trouble ongoing now then that is true emergency ....

It may be several possible causes of chest pain also however ...angina or heart related pain is one of the most serious causes of course ...

The quality of pain ( sharp , dull, pressure, heaviness, burning) may offer clue as to your cause....

If you have tenderness to press near the breastbone or sternum then you may have costochondritis as possible cause ...

Do you have any nausea ?? Do you have family history of heart disease ? Your age would imply a lower risk of heart attack but it is not impossible for this age either ....often risk factors may be present ...you mentioned high blood pressure and that is a risk factor...

Other important heart related risk factors include diabetes , family history of heart disease or stroke ( especially first degree relatives at younger age) smoking and high cholesterol...

You mentioned feeling fatigued ...are you short of breath? Does it hurt to take in deep breath? Are you having any cough ? Wheezing ? Have you had any pain or swelling of either leg? There are several lung related causes of chest pain possible as well .....pulmonary embolism. Asthma, COPD, pleuritis, pneumonia and others .....

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD