Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My sister has fluid OD that has been refractive to treatment

Customer Question

My sister has fluid OD that has been refractive to treatment with Lucentis 3 injection and another 3 injection of Eylea.her visual today is 20/60. her doctor advice to continue treatment with Eylea for few more months then try Ozurdex. I am concern about
my sister's eyes she might go blind how serious her condition is? and is there any fast and healthy solution and treatment that you can advice me with? Best Regards ***** *****
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Hello Y. Shmoil ,

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Your sister has macular edema. The treatment she has been given is state of art treatment and is according to the protocol and guidelines. While there is a small chance of diminution of vision, but in majority the treatment is restored to pretty good levels by this treatment. Unfortunately there are no fast solutions. Laser is being used at some centers but Lucentis and Eylea has far superior results.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Hope your sister is doing good. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.