DrDLove
DrDLove, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years, Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have been having trouble with my Adderall generic

Customer Question

I have been having trouble with my Adderall generic prescription. I was happy with the BARR distributor. I know they merged with Teva, but that brand is not having the same effect on me. The exact opposite effect is happening and I am feeling depressed, instead of productive. Is there any way I can special order the generic BARR distributor I am used to? I can't find it anywhere.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrDLove replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

If you cannot find that specific generic version, there is a good chance that it is not available in the regional distributor for that company. It is also possible that this company has decided to stop manufacturing that generic, but the Pharmacist would usually have already told you this in that situation. The best hope that you can obtain a specific generic formulation of a drug would be to work with a single Oharmacist, preferably one that works in an independent Pharmacy. The chain Pharmacies frequently have less flexibility in the source that can be used to order drug, so an independent Pharmacy may be able to help you when the chains cannot.

Even if the drug is not available at the regional distributor, the Pharmacist can check again on a periodic basis to determine when the desired generic becomes available.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.