A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have a question that in 2012 my platlates level went to

Customer Question

I have a question that in 2012 my platlates level went to 15k and the doctors did bone marrow and the result was normal and the doctors started giving me Vitamin B12 shot every day and in 1 week my platlates level went to 360000...so now i am taking B12 shot every month...so i wanted to know that in my case thrumbocytepenia which is known as low platlates was not of cancer...it was for Vitamin B12...right doc
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

Since your blood tests have now returned to normal levels after treatment, it is clear that the cause of the low level was just anemia. Had it been cancer, the B12 injections would not have helped.

There are numerous causes of thrombocytopenia such as several types of anemia, viral infections, some drugs, alcoholism, as well as leukemia.

I'm happy to hear everything is back to normal.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

You're so very welcome. If this has helped, I would appreciate a rating so I am paid for my help. Thanks!