Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Looking to speak too

Customer Question

Looking for dr to speak too
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi--what's your question please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
friday i did something called the isolation tank. I dont know if you heard of it but you float in a tank of epsom salt for 1 hour its 1000 mg of epsom salt. I gave it a try for anxiety cause im super tight every where and my body cant relax later that night i started to get a head ache took advil and went away and aince friday everyday im getting a head ache its right in my fore head area. I just woke up and got another one coming getting worse and worse by the 2nd and yesterday night i had a head ache took Advil couple hours later got super dizzy out of no where i was juat sitting on the couch playing video games and book
Dizzy was sorta weird to walk by how uncordinated i was.any idea why i got head ache every day? Could it be from the epsom salt?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

No, not from either the isolation tank nor the Epsom salt.

Two other possibilities, though--

A sinus infection, or a tension headache from spasm of your neck muscles.

Most sinus infections resolve on their own in time without antibiotics but a nasal irrigation system or a Neti pot along with zinc lozenges can help speed the process

Tension headaches can respond to massage therapy or topical capsaicin cream to the neck

All that said, since I can't examine you the best thing to do would be to have a doctor take a look at you

Let me know if you need any more information please

12/10/2015 02:37

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything wrong with taking advil everyday for the bead ache till it gets resolved??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all with that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok what about that weird episode of dizziness i had yestrday too
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

That's why I think it's more likely a sinus problem since that can cause dizziness

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so more the less nothing to worry about?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Nothing at all serious, no

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K i started taking cymbalta fir anxiety 30 mg sept 25 i seem to get allot of fleme in my throat or nasal dripping and sometimes hard to cough up can the cymbalta all so cause some kind of sinus side effect that could alter a head ache??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

No--Cymbalta wouldn't have anything to do with that