Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I have really sharp pains in my lower back when I move. Its

Customer Question

Hi I have really sharp pains in my lower back when I move. Its a dull ache whilst I'm not moving. The sharp pain makes me feel nauseous
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

As such in my opinion you should undergo a clinical examination and further investigations like X-Ray/MRI of lumbo sacral spine and ultrasound of whole abdomen.

Sharp pain in spine area can be due to pinched nerve. ?Lumbar radiculopathy.

Also in some cases kidney stone can cause pain in back.

In case you missed your period other causes like ectopic pregnancy should be ruled out.

The line of treatment depend upon the cause of pain and detailed investigations like X-Ray/MRI of spine, ultrasound abdomen,urine examination,complete blood counts etc may be done and for pain management you will have to visit Emergency room.

Injection voveran and buscopan etc can be required for pain management.

I hope this helps

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.