Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I feel like something is stuck in my heart. It happened late

Customer Question

I feel like something is stuck in my heart. It happened late last night for about an hour and now its back in the exact same spot. In the middle of chest but more to the left side.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Is there any symp***** *****ke bad taste in mouth? Does this feeling aggravates with exertion? Any nausea, vomiting, sweating etc? Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No bad taste in mouth...and no nausea, vomiting, or sweating. It did start last night during shower. If that counts as exertion. I've just been in bed today on internet when it started again.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms the most likely cause is acid reflux from stomach. Heart problem is possible but least likely according to location. I would suggest you to take otc capsule omeprazole 20 mg and drink sips of cold milk. If that takes away the symptoms in one hour you can continue omeprazole 20 mg twice daily for two weeks but if symptoms persist, go to ER to get an EKG. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards