Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician
9385906

I have couple of years suffered from nerve numbness and

Customer Question

I have for a couple of years suffered from nerve numbness and tingling plus dizziness and some imbalance. Many tests done by my neurologist all false, MRI, Lumbar puncture, you name it. Symptoms seem to get worse when in the office. Is it possible that there is a chemical cause to this ? Have you experienced nerve problems as a result of say a low level Freon leak ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

No, freon leak would not cause such nerve problems and it does not usually lead to serious long terms health problems. So relax it is not a chemical cause leading to your symptoms.

It appears from your symptoms that you perhaps re suffering from what is clinically termed as Cervical Radiculopathy which is colloquially and broadly described as irritation of nerve in the cervical region ( neck) which thereby leads to symptoms like tingling , numbness of limbs, feeling of pins and needles in the limbs, dizziness, headache, imbalance, etc

The cause of this condition could be nerve compression , also called as pinched nerve in the cervical region, so i will suggest that you get a Cervical MRI or CT scan done and seek physiotherapy from a physiotherapist and vitamin b12, folate , pregabalin supplements from your physician all of which work on such condition and help to alleviate symptoms as mentioned above.

Kindly see the link below to know more about Cervical Radiculopathy.

http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/neck-pain/what-cervical-radiculopathy

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards