Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I am a 21 year old male college student. I have been having

Customer Question

I am a 21 year old male college student. I have been having issues with my stomach for the past couple of months and they don't appear to be getting any better. I have pressure in my abdomen and upper chest with spells of nausea. I have seen a doctor and gotten chest x-rays but they did not have any results. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologists but that is a month away. I don't know if its related, but my symptoms began about a week after I half of a raw burger. Please let me know what advice you can give me.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Symptoms for a couple of months would be something beyond a case of food poisoning ...So beyond the potential I think from the raw hamburger...

From your history thus far I suspect more of an irritation of the stomach lining...this may be a gastric ulcer or gastritis..

You may benefit to try DAILY NEXIUM (that is over the counter and about best option in this category ...Prilosec or Prevacid are also good)

Observe a bland type diet to AVOID GI IRRITANTS>>so avoid alcoholic drinks, coffee, hot spicy or acidic foods( onions , tomato products, peppers, citrus fruits) avoid anti-inflammatory medicines---Aspirin, Aleve, Advil (Tylenol is OK)

These measures should help given time...

Your gastroenterologist may test you for H.pylori which is common GI infection known to be associated with the development of ulcers ....

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD