Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

This is that knows alot about probiotics..

Customer Question

this is for someone that knows alot about probiotics..for over a month now i been taking antibiotics and i need a good probiotic ..first i had a throat infection and sinus infection and doc put me on augmenton then 2 weeks later i had a swollen ear and jaw. doc put me on doxicylcine and now i jsut had a cyst removed form the inside of my mouth and he put me on amoxicllian..ive been on to many antibiotics and need a good probiotic to take with these becaseu i having some tummy issues form antibiotics..ive been looking and get so confused..i know there is certain brands that is beterr then other..so which brand should i take and how many strains..and i know they need to be live strains.i am 50 year old female..and form this surgery my face is very swollen and for some reason my throat and gland right below jaw line is swollen but oppsite side form surgery area.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Do you have heartburn,nausea?Diarrhea?Bloating and flatulence?Are you currently taking any medications?Thanks.Waiting for your response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I DO GET HEARTBURN SOMETIMES..AND YES I AHVE BLOATING AND GAS.SINCE I BEEN ON ANTIBIOTICS.THE ONLT OTHER MEDS IM ON BESIDES THE AMOCIALIIAN IS PAIN PILL HE GAVE ME CALLED HYRDOCODON-ACETAMINOPHEN 5-325 AND MY HORMONE PILL..AND I AND DIAREAH THE OTHER DAY NOT TO BAD TODAY..I JUST NEED A GOOD PROBIOTIC TO HELP MY GUT.WHILE TAKING THESE ANTIBIOTICS

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,It’s my first priority to serve you.Thanks for providing more information.Two types of probiotics are found to be most beneficial in case of Antibiotics induced gastrointestinal distress.Saccharomyces boulardii,Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG.You can try Florastor probiotic or Culturelle Digestive.Hope this helps. If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well i need to know about the amount like 5 million or what..and its needs to be a all natural probiotic..and i want to make sure they are live strains..i was looking at the renew life..do you know about those.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Actually there are many different dosage forms available such as capsules, tablets, and powders.And each probiotic supplement should come with a Colony Forming Units (CFU) count guarantee,You can recolonize the live good bacteria through the use of at least 2-5 billion per day, which is available in a products such as Culturelle.You should take one capsule of Culturelle Digestive a day.Also eat yogurt.Start a multivitamin.Hope this helps.