Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I'm nearly 60, with a few health issues, including hypothyroidism,

Customer Question

Hi. I’m nearly 60, with a few health issues, including hypothyroidism, for which I take 100 mcg of levothyroxine daily. I’m pretty fit, and cycle pretty well every day. But two days ago on Wednesday, I feel I overdid it. I cycled about 24 miles, 12 in the early afternoon, another 12 in the evening, not too hard, but a long way, I didn’t feel too tired, or ill. But I’m wondering if I should see a doctor or nurse in case I did too much exercise for someone of my age and health?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.Since you are not feeling too tired or ill; it is not necessary to see a doctor. This is unlikely to precipitate any major illness. But unaccustomed activities should be avoided as these may cause significant muscle injuries or occasionally may cause cardiac or lung issues. Please feel free for your follow up questions. I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.