Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

First, sorry bad English (from Israel). I had risky sex

Customer Question

Hi.First, sorry for my bad English (from Israel).
I had risky sex activity 50 days before. After ~1-2 weeks i have been visually diagnosed with Genital Herpes (still need to perform lab test for confirmation and see which type ). Doctor gave me some antibiotics The skin rashes (Herpes) disappeared but there are still some "signs" on the Penis. Skin Doctor said it's "ok" and it will also disappear in several weeks . After 4 weeks i still experienced some fatigue + loss of appetite, body temperature increased to 37.1-37.3 during the day, but in morning and afternoon it was 36.7. I have started to warry about be infected also with HIV (because of skin signs and fatigue)
I have done HIV Rapid test after 7 weeks of risky "activity" - tested negative. They send the same blood sample to Combo test, still waiting for results.
Question 1: I don't know which Rapid test kit they use here, in Israel, but it was blood test. Also didn't success to contact them after to ask. Any suggestions if Rapid tests in Israel are as accurate as used in USA/EU? Question 2: What is the chance I have HIV based on the test? .
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. That rapid test was very accurate and if you were tested at the 7 week point then you don't have HIV.

Let me know if you need more information please