How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17799
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took ambien days to give myself a drug holiday from my 1

Customer Question

I took ambien for two days to give myself a drug holiday from my 1 mg klonopin and 150g trazodone for sleep. It made me extremely agitated and sad. I went back w regular meds tonight and the agitation from the ambien is still there. Not to mention I am
having a fibromyalgia pain flare up: what can I do to get some sleep. Thank u
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

You can not take further medicines to reduce agitation.

Some home measures you can try.

You can take warm milk, it can help in melatonin secretion and sleep.

Taking shower can help.

You can try keep the room dark.

You can also use eye mask and ear plugs.

Try to keep the room noise free.

If there is clock sound, it can be diminished by covering it with towel or blanket.

If these do not help, you should consult doctor in person.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.