Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

We would like to start trying to have a baby. My husband

Customer Question

We would like to start trying to have a baby. My husband takes Lipitor. Is it safe for him to keep taking the drug while we try for a baby? I read that its only harmful if the woman takes it during the pregnancy, but it shouldn't affect the mans sperm creating birth defects etc.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

No Lipitor should not be a problem for your husband to take . It should not cause any risk to your potential pregnancy. You are correct that you should not be taking that medication if you plan to be pregnant or are so...

You are exactly right that is is ok for the male but not the female in period of trying to conceive...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD