Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I get chest pains at night when laying down. I also get them

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** get chest pains at night when laying down. I also get them in the morning, when eating breakfast, or when exert my self. The pain goes away when I stop and rest for a few minutes or when I sit up in a chair at night. At times I even get pain going into my right arm. As a result I checked myself into emergency telling them I have chest pains. I was at the hospital for over 4 hours, did EKG, stress test, blood work and my heart was fine. Even when I did the stress test I had no chest pains. I just got a little winded. One other note, I do not have any of these symptoms during the day at work. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi John. It sounds as though your heart has been thoroughly checked out so most likely this is a gastric acid reflux problem. You can try over the counter Prilosec or Pepcid AC daily for two weeks to see if that clears it up. If not you need to have your doctor check you for an H pylori stomach infection which can cause the same symptoms

Let me know if you need more information please