Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I'm currently towards the end of a Valium taper over, almost

Customer Question

Hi. My name is***** and I'm currently towards the end of a Valium taper over, almost 2 years. I switched from 3 mg of lorazepam to 30 mg of Valium. I am currently on 6 mg of Valium, spread over 3 times per day. I am having a really difficult time, especially with anxiety and depression. I've tried pretty much every antidepressant, every category, with no relief. The start up effects are horrible. The only one I am on is Remeron, 30 mg at night. I currently see a very well respected psychiatrist at Rush university who just thinks I have severe OCD and anxiety and not benzo withdrawals. I had 2 bouts of postpartum depression and an episode of anxiety 11 years ago which was successfully treated with Remeron and celexa. Troubles began after menopause and when I tried to go off of Remeron 5 years ago. Been on med rollercoaster ever since. I seem to react poorly to every med I've tried. Is there any natural supplements that can help with benzo support? Do u know of a good naturapath in the northern Chicago suburbs? I live in long grove, il. Really suffering. Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am glad you have seen a well respected psychiatrist at Rush.

why can't you try celexa at this point which can help decrease anxiety over time along with valium.

have you tried medications like aripiprazole, ziprasidone, quetiapine, or olanzapine which could help celexa work better to help decrease anxiety for you.