Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, pedolescent specialist physician
Experience:  M.D.(ped), D.C.H., F.A.M.S.(india)
16481530

I am having an EUA in October and was told I will have an

Customer Question

I am having an EUA in October and was told I will have an injection in my ear which will hurt. Due to a rare muscle syndrome, and my age, the specialist thought I might not wake up from a
General anaesthetic. My illness is called LEMS and my ear was blocked with wax and was drilled out but it left an "ulcer". I am not sure what exactly is going to happen. Can you help pacify my nerves?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hello, You need not worry as you will not be given any GA for this procedure of Examination Under Anesthesia, which will involve local anesthetic injection.

It must however be first given as test dose, in small amount, so that any sensitivity to the local anesthetic drug would be known.