Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I am currently on Cymbalta and going through menopause have

Customer Question

I am currently on Cymbalta and going through menopause have been on antidepressants 4/20 years started on antidepressants after my first child was born went through prenatal depression was told by somebody that I should try Prozac that I've been on Prozac already . They told me that it would help with the night sweats but I became kind of suicidal on Prozac. Went to another doctor that gave me a spit test who told me that my estrogen levels were dominant but only .1 and that my progesterone was only 61 and that might depression could be controlled with I think it's called THC supplement and a homeopathic estrogen cream along with possibly st. John's wort. At this point I would really like to get off the antidepressant and start trying to treat myself with homeopathic remedies what do you think
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. For now I would suggest trying just a combination of both estrogen and progesterone bioidentical creams since those alone may resolve your problem and let you be off the antidepressants. You could then try the St John's wort if it became necessary

Let me know if you need any more information please