Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have had sollwen ankles all Summer came on this yr worse

Customer Question

Hi Dr, I have had sollwen ankles all Summer came on this yr worse ever been . Then asked my Dr to have me try Armor thyroid med . Blood test few weeks ago showed thyroid ok. Though my Dr has called the swelling Edema? Now there are pokers swollen at ankle bones only and tops of ankle bones are darker in color and itch. Fist yrs this has ever happened.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. This is called venous incompetence and it's a problem with the valves in the veins of your legs. Nothing too serious but it can be treated with water pills and fitted thigh-high elastic stockings. I would get a Doppler venous studies of your leg veins to check it out and to make sure you don't have clots in the veins

Let me know if you need more information please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks you
Not sure what rot will take ,just read this. I have been worried that I could have clots going on.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Talk to your doctor about this

Please remember to rate my service to you