Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My boy is one year old and s nail show something different

Customer Question

hi Sir, My boy is one year old and his nail show something different from others, I made the photo and blood analyze in China, I need a Dermatologist to have a look.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

Please post the photo by clicking on the add the file, button.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Arun,Nice to meet you, see the picture attached, he is using formula from 3 months old.The brand is EnfamilEric

Thanks and nice to meet you too.

The nail had likely some injury. There may have been some blood clot due to it, which has blackened and would resolve on its own. The other possibility is a fungal infection also termed yeast infection. This too may resolve spontaneously. In a one year old, usually no active treatment is required.

I am unable to see the blood picture as the document is too small. Please increase the size and re-post it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Sir,
The blood test is ok, I was thinking he missed some micro metal like zinc, but in fact everything ok.He did not get any injury but there is three nail like that, I do not think it is pain to him. I just think there is something in the blood missed maybe, but the report shows everything ok.Should I wait one or two month to see the new nail ?Eric

Eric,

Yes, you can wait and watch for 1-2 months. This is unlikely to be anything serious or significant.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.