Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I actually had a question, my ex was usign methamphetamines

Customer Question

Hi I actually had a question, my ex was usign methamphetamines while we were together. Is it possible that he got an std from just using meth or would he have had to have sex with somebody that had it in order to get it. He never injected it he snorted it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

His use of methamphetamine would not cause transmission of any STD. As you point out he was not injecting so that potential of sharing a dirty needle is not there. He would have to have sexual contact with someone in order for him to contract an STD.

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD