Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I suffer from anxiety. So, 3 weeks ago I went to the E.R

Customer Question

Hi , so I suffer from anxiety. So , 3 weeks ago I went to the E.R because of a panic attack. They did all the tests and the doctor told me everything was fine and i should go live my life. He prescribed me celexa and to reasure me , he made me do another electrocardiogram 2 weeks after taking celexa. They compared the 2 ECG"s and the first one came out to 449mms and the other one 455"ms. I am not sure if i understood right ? Could it be that i am perfecly fine like he told me and have these results ? I am really worried after all a read on internet... Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

anxiety can cause your heart to beat fast and cause you to have EKG changes.

you should trust your doctor.

the celexa can take 4-6 weeks to start working.

you don't have to stress about your ECG findings.

you need to stop reading these things on the internet which is only worsening your anxiety.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you can also talk to your doctor about a beta blocker medication which can slow down your heart rate if you are having racing heart from your anxiety symptoms.