I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
A throb inside head which comes and go can occur due to;
1) Tension headache
3) Anxiety, stress, depression
5) High blood pressure.
6) Glaucoma; increase in eye ball prssure
If it is recent;; you may consider taking Motrin; as it is most likely tension headache. This occurs due to fatigue of head and neck muscles. If it has been occurring for long or is recurrent; it would need an examination by your doctor and may be some investigations like MRI or taking pressure of eye ball (which will be determined after the physical exam).
If you are stressed or anxious, relaxation techniques would help as following;
1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist but there are internet based approach nowadays too. CBT has higher efficacy and lower relapse rates.
2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.
4) Acupuncture and acupressure
7) Group sporting activities
8) St. John's wort
10) Valerian root
11) Deep breathing exercises.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.