Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have PSA 3.6 my age 66 ultrasound reveals lobulation

Customer Question

Hi I have PSA 3.6 my age 66 ultrasound reveals lobulation indenting bottom of bladder
I have flank discomfort on left side but it goes of with brufen.
What is your opinion further I also feel comfortable urinating when I take ipbrufen
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Originally the issue was hesitancy in urine during night time and urinating three time a night, in day time difficult to control, than PSA level was checked and urine culture and analysis, with KUB xrays.Every thing is clear, however ultra sound says mild prostate gland enlargement with lobulated superior margin indenting the urinary bladder base.
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Have you consulted your urologist? What is the urologist opinion? I would consult urologist if not already. The lobulating indention into the bladder may be cause for concern. It might be watched by depending on the details of the appearance it may be a consideration for prostate biopsy... the PSA is below 4.0 but just barely.. usually with that we would recheck in 6 months. I think that details of the appearance on the ultrasound would probably sway your urologist to perhaps proceed with prostate biopsy or follow with recheck in 6 months another possible way to follow that. The symptoms and general picture fits with BPH ( benign prostatic hypertrophy) That would account for the getting up to urinate at night and hesitancy. Medical treatment for BPH may help you with hesitancy symptoms...

I suspect more that your urologist would favor checking a prostate biopsy due to the seeming asymmetry of prostate.

Combination of Avodart plus Flomax may be helpful for BPH aspect which is I think most of the issue as far of the symptoms that you have....(Adding Avodart would drop the PSA reading and that would need to be accounted for though..If ibuprofen seems to help with discomfort then I see no problem with that...

I hope that this is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for comprehensive reply, I have an appointment with urologist already.Regards

You are very welcome.Let me know if I may be of further help.Best wishes going forward!

Anthony Bray MD