Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I just moved permanently to Ohio and am having trouble

Customer Question

Hello, I just moved permanently to Ohio and am having trouble finding a psychiatrist that is taking new patients. I was prescribed lexapro and alprazolam for my depression/anxiety in Illinois, but cannot find a way to get prescribed here. Any advice?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

what part of ohio did you move to?

have you tried calling up your health insurance company to see what local psychiatrist close to you now is in network for your insurance plan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't tried that, how do I do that? I have also read that you can talk to doctors online and get a prescription that way, can that be done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I moved to bowling green, ohio
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, you have to see a doctor face to face for psychiatric evaluation and medication prescriptions

some insurance plans cover physician services through sites like

http://www.consultadr.com/

and telemedicine services.

on the back of your health insurance card is a 1800 number. you can call up your health insurance company and ask if they cover telemedicine services and if they can help you find a psychiatrist in network close to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great I'll do that. Thank you for your time
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com