Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have erectile dysfunction problem. and premature

Customer Question

hi i have erectile dysfunction problem. and premature ejaculation. suggest me some medicine as permanent cure. also i would like to tell you that i m 30 years old. this problem is may b bcoz of masturbation before marriage. i do not have good stamina also. please help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Following measures are helpful for premature ejaculation;

1) Application of lidocaine on glans about 20-30 minutes before the intercourse.

2) Learning of squeeze technique; your physician or urologist can give counsel about this (you learn to squeeze the erect penile shaft before the ejaculatory reflex is stimulated; see the resource also)

3) Medical therapy;

a) clomipramine, phenoxybenzamine are the medication which can be helpful to you.

b) Numerous studies have shown that selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and drugs with SSRI-like side effects are safe and effective to treat premature ejaculation. So you need to get the prescription of any of the following medications;

1) Sertraline

2) Fluoxetine

3) Clomipramine

4) Paroxetine

5) Citalopram

4) Female up position; this delays the ejaculation

5) Avoidance of stress: performance stress, again increases the premature ejaculation and aggravate the situation.

6) Talk to your physician about the problem in the presence of your spouse and together this can be easily handled.

7) Sex therapy sessions.

For an healthy and young individual like you, the erectile dysfunction should be not worrying. The most important thing is that it a single erection problem plays in the mind. This can give in the back of mind a performance anxiety and you start watching yourself more closely. This close scrutiny of yourself can loose the concentration from the sex and you get a bit softer. Please remember sex in not in organ but in mind. Once you start enjoying it you will regain the same strength. Nothing happens suddenly in sex, it is like sports, sometimes you excel and sometimes you are mediocre. If your wife / partners is part of all this understanding you would be back to your best. Don't put yourself under the scrutiny and just start enjoying it. Things should come back to normal.

You may need psycho sexual therapy which helps to reduce performance anxiety, develop the new sexual skills and knowledge, modify negative sexual attitudes, and improve communication between both of you. Involving the partners in the counseling process and psycho sexual therapy helps dispel misperceptions about the problem, decreases stress, enhances intimacy and ability to talk about sex, and increases the chances of successful outcome.

Still if you feel that problem can be organic; you may consider to consult a urologist who would advise you the following investigations;

1) Testosterone levels

2) LH estimation

3) Thyroid function tests

4) duplex ultrasonography

5) Ultrasonography of testes

6) angiography

7) penile nerve test,

8) snap and strain guage test,

9) penile biothesiometry.

You can you Viagra or Cialis as medications for erectile dysfunction.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.