Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I am recovering from Plantar Fascitis (still have pain but

Customer Question

I am recovering from Plantar Fascitis (still have pain but it is improving daily). I wore a cheep orthotic that got folded in my shoe so that only the inside of my heel was making impact. I did not realize this until the end of the day, but the next day my outside heel, 5th mettatarsul (mid foot) and the bone on the back of my ankle hurt. I usually relax over the weekend and for the first 2 or 3 days of the work week it is fine, but towards the end of the work week it hurts again. I work consturction.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

The pain you feel on mid foot and back of ankle is likely due to soft tissue strain and sprain (this is a combination of tendon, ligament and muscle getting inflamed due to unusual pressure). Following measures are likely to help you;

1) Warm compresses

2) Local analgesic cream / spray.

3) An intermittent use of brace (depending when it is more painful and you can accommodate it in your shoe wear).

4) A therapeutic ultrasound (done at physical therapy centers) can facilitate the healing. Usually 3-5 sittings are required.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have begun what you recommended, and now when I push on the bony bump on the back of my heel it makes my Keeley's tendon from where it attaches to my heel into my calf feel tingly like it is a sleep. When I stop pushing The tingly feeling goes away. Is that to be expected?

This happens due to pressure on the nerve which is underneath. This is not unusual.

You may continue with the therapeutic ultrasound which is quite efficacious with the other measures.

Hope you are doing good.

Let me know how it goes and please do not forget to rate the interaction.

Thank you.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best regards ***** ***** luck.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.