Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have been having right groin pain a week that goes into my

Customer Question

I have been having right groin pain for over a week that goes into my back. Finally got a MRI of the pelvis and it showed the cecum over rotated and extends into the right pelvis. Also a area of nonspecific soft tissue probably postsurgicsl scarring . Had a inguinal hernia 15 yrs ago. Or it's entrapped soft tissue in the vicinity of cecum, could be entrapped epiploic fat.
What do you think will happen with this result ??? Surgery ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

I suspect based on your report that this problem may be in need of surgery. It sounds probably in your favor that the pain has not been long term. The rotation and unusual position of the cecum sounds that it may have developed related to adhesions over time (scar tissue)

It sounds that surgery would be likely to be needed to alleviate this...

Follow up with your gastroenterologist and likely consult with general surgeon I expect will be upcoming steps for you...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD