Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

I was rear ended approximatly 6 weeks ago and have been in

Customer Question

Hi I was rear ended approximatly 6 weeks ago and have been in pain every since the accident.. I had an MRI and the results are as follows.
C2-3 shallow posterior disc bulge
C3-4shallow broad based disc bulge resulting in mild right but no significant left foraminal enchrochment. Marginal effacement of the central thecal sac w/o cord deformity. AP diameter 10.5
C4-5 there is a right foraminal protrusion with shallow broad based disc bulge. Moderately severe right and mild left foraminal enchrochment. effacement of the ventral sac w/o cord deformity. AP diameter 10mm
c5-6 shallow broad based disc resulting in mild right but no significant left enchrochment AP
diameter 10
C6-7 shallow broad based disc bulge W/o significant facet arthrosis AP 11mm. C7-T1 normal.. Can you please explain what this means??
Thanks
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also states that I have straightening of the normal cervical lordosis?
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Straightening of the cervical lordosis means that the natural reverse -C curve of the neck has been lost,further there has been displacement of the intervertebral disc but no cracking or disc prolapse is seen in the cervical area.However there has been some significant disc bulging into the central foraminal space through which the spinal cord passes along with facet involvement in the C6-C7 area.There will be subsequent pressure on the spinal nerve roots emerging from this vertebral space leading to symptoms of radiculitis like pain and sensory tingling/pins and needle sensation or discomfort.Some foraminal space protrusion into the cord has also been seen in the C2-C3,C3-C4 and C6-C7 area which may or may not be sympotamatic.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm having daily severe headaches, increased TMJ symptoms and facial pressure, eye twitches, swollen area between neck and collar bone, limited range of motion in neck, extreme shoulder pain, numbness bilaterally, trapizus, deltoid muscle spasms, weakness of the extremities which makes my job extremely difficult. I am an expanded functions dental assistant in a very busy office. I have had 1 Rt. shoulder injection, 6 physical therapy sessions which increased the symtoms and 16 chriopractor visits, 3 massages and no relief. I am no longer seeing my chiropractor since I have had this MRI, I am waiting to see NueroSugeon.. Just wondering if the next step is surgery?
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.

Not necessarily, use of drugs to decrease the swelling and pressure on the nerves(like oral steroids for a short spell along with drugs for neuropathic pain like gabapentin/Pregabalin and NSAIDs may help. Physiotherapy and the use of a soft collar for when you are working may also help.