Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have a build-up of, I assume skin cells, all over my body

Customer Question

I have a build-up of, I assume skin cells, all over my body and scalp. It has a dusty feel and gets sticky when water is mixed with it. On some areas of my body it has hardened. It seems worse when I'm under physical or emotional stress. Parts of the mucosal areas of my body stick together (mouth, genital and anal regions).
I've gone to numerous dermatologists and have either been told that I have a condition called seborrheic dermatitis or definitely NOT seborrheic dermatitis but these doctors don't know what the condition is.
This problem has been ongoing for about 10 years. Could it be candida related or due to a malfunction of my immune system? In 1978 I was diagnosed with SLE but several years ago was told I don't have SLE!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Was any treatment offered for this?

And have you been screened for thyroid problems and autoimmune conditions?