Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I was playing golf and walking off the tee to the cart down

Customer Question

I was playing golf and walking off the tee to the cart down a small incline. The grass was wet and I slipped hitting the back of my head pretty hard, but the ground was soft. I never lost consciousness and was just a little dizzy. A few minutes later, a slightly yellow to clear liquid came out of my nose and ran for a second. It has not run since and this was about 1.5 hours ago. I have a stiff neck, but feel fine otherwise.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
The fluid which came out from nose was likely to be sinus fluid. Still I would be cautious for next 2-3 days, as there is a possibility of concussion. There is a condition called as CSF rhinorrhea, which is leak of brain fluid through the nose (which has same color). It occurs when there is a fracture of base of skull bone. Also neck stiffness need an evaluation. So I would recommend a x-ray of skull bones and neck spine today at an urgent care clinic or emergency room.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.
Wishing you all the very best in life.
My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done
Hope you are doing good.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.