Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Woke up with severe pain in my left ankle. Fine when I went

Customer Question

Woke up with severe pain in my left ankle. Fine when I went to bed. 72 years old. Never had something like this.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
A sudden severe pain warrant a need to rule out a vascular problem (problems of arteries and / or veins). A colored doppler study of the arteries and vein is necessary so you should consider going to ER, so a blood clot is ruled out.
A sudden muscle or ligament injury are rare; unless you have history of unaccustomed activity in last 2-3 days, which may cause delayed symptoms. It may also cause stress fracture due to osteoporosis in your age group.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Thank you.
Wishing you all the very best in life.
Hope you are doing good.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.