Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I had sort of protected sex back in October 14 but gave

Customer Question

Hi, I had sort of protected sex back in October 14 but gave quick oral.. Most of the time we used a condom but the last 30 seconds we didn't. Two weeks later I came down with thrush in the esophagus. I finally got over it in about two weeks, but not fully well. It took some time. Now I have some discomfort durning sex and I have a cough. Though my cough was before the night of me having sex and I've been treated with antibiotics for a uti And have taken very strong types for long amounts of time also before the sex. I'm not the best at finishing my prescriptions. It's not a dry cough. I cough up mucus. It sort of feels like atypical pneumonia or a respiratory infection. Have had this cough an it's now August. Am I at risk of hiv possibly? I have an appointment in the morning for an hiv test.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.
I understand your concern.
As per your description,with protected sex and oral sex chances of getting HIV are very less.
So most likely you can safely pass the HIV test with negative results.
Also it's good to undergo chest X-ray,Absolute eosinophil count,ESR to rule out Allergic bronchitis,Pharyngitis.
You can take OTC Mucinex DM.
Steam inhalation and saline gargles can be helpful.
I'm here to discuss further queries until you get satisfied with our conversation.
Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.
Positive feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.
Positive feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

.