Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My wife feels pulses in left side of her neck and which are

Customer Question

My wife feels pulses in left side of her neck and which are clearly visible. Her BP was 129/69, pulse 90 and 121/67, pulse 88. Is the normal, or should we go to emergency? Carl
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

No I do not think it is necessary for her to go to ER. Her pulse and blood pressure remain in normal range. There are many circumstances that may increase pulse pressure which she might be feeling. Of we are coming down with illness for example such as flu for example then you may commonly be more perceptive of your pulse. She could check in with her primary care doctor...a general check would be reasonable. Listening over heart...feeling her pulses .. Screening for infection ...possibly checking her complete blood count and thyroid function would make sense...

If her normal pulse was 70 and is now 90 then it could correspond with how she feels but would not be likely anything that urgent or serious.

So I agree it may be prudent for check up but I think it does not rise to need to go to ER...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very helpful. Thank you.

You are very welcome!

Let me know if I may be of further help!

Take care!