Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Yesterday evening I dropped my phone and someone picked it

Customer Question

Good Day, Yesterday evening I dropped my phone and someone picked it up and gave it to me. The person that gave it to me was my friends son (approx. 8 years old).
He has 6-8 Warts on his hands, after giving me the phone he shaked my hand as well. I put my phone in my pocket and went into a reasturant and washed my hands with hand sanitizer.
When I got home I poured hand sanitizer all over the phone and wiped it.
Is there a possibility that I can have warts transmitted onto my hands? Also is there a chance that the wart virius could still be on my phone?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi.
First off it would be very difficult for the virus to be transmitted that way since it really takes skin-to-skin contact.
Secondly, you washes your hands quickly and that would have dispersed any virus that could have potentially been on your hands before any infection could set in
Third, no there's not virus remaining on your phone now
Let me know if you need any more information