Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I fell this afternoon and have a lot on the back of my head

Customer Question

I fell this afternoon and have a lot on the back of my head which is somewhat tender, but there was no loss of consciousness, no confusion, and I walked for several more hours afterward.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. What caused the fall and any neck pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tripped on a step of a store and rolled over hitting my head as I was falling. It took quite a while for this answer to come, and since then I've had some tenderness where I hit my head, but was never disoriented and walked for a couple of hours after it with no problem. And no, there was no neck pain, but only a slight headache for which I neither took nor thought I needed mess for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant "meds."
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. Doesn't sound like a concussion and I worry about neck injuries with a head contusion but it doesn't sound like you've had that
I think you're fine but if the headache is still present tomorrow you should see a doctor just to get checked out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, thanks. It's definitely not a concussion in my own humble opinion since I've already had one of those with a subdued like hematoma to boot which went away, thank God. But that was toward the front of my head on top where I believe most of them occur. I'm on vacation in Rome right now which is where it happened and so it might be tough getting to a doctor. Should I take Tylenol for any slight pain, because slight is all it is. Again, if I touch it, it's painful, but not horribly so. You guys always want to know the 1-10 pain description and so here it is: a 1or 2 if I don't touch it; a 5 or 6 if I do. And what about ice? Is it too late to apply? Looking forward to your answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant a "subdural hematoma," I line 3. Spell check drives me crazy!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Ice would still be useful for now and if you feel you need it Tylenol will be fine.
I think you'll be OK and I realized you meant subdural hematoma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you