Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have frequent urges to get up and go to bathroom at night

Customer Question

I have frequent urges to get up and go to bathroom at night often I can't make me it to toilet without an accident. What can be done I haven't had a goodnight sleep in years because if this
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--your gender please and how long has this been going on?
Do you have the same problem during the daytime?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been having for several years. It's different during the day. It's not as frequent and I can generally hold it for a while till I can get to bathroom leakage problem at night but not during the day and the urge during the day isn't as sudden or intense. At night I wake up and roll over and it's now or never and I have a hard time not leaking when I stand to do to bathroom.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Are you a man or a woman?
And have you been evaluated for this by a doctor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Female and no not yet. The problem during the day was controlled a small pill but it didn't help the problem a night. I have been busy to go to specialist and did have an insurance but not now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What was the medication you were talking about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it was nexus when I went to anther Dr to get a refill he wouldn't do it and gave me a referral to a specialist which I haven't had the time to do it so I don't have the medicine any longer just wondered what caused the difference at night
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK.
It sounds like you're having urinary incontinence and it may either be an overactive bladder or a prolapse of your bladder. I'd say that if it's changed like that during the night the bladder prolapse either occurred at that point or got worse at that time.
You need to see a urologist for an evaluation and you may only need a different medication for this but you might also need surgery
Let me know if you need any more information please