Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

My child was kicked in abdomen whole on waterside with other

Customer Question

My child was kicked in abdomen whole on waterside with other kids Sunday afternoon. Has been acting normally yesterday and today, eating normally but complaining of tenderness. This afternoon and tonight. No fever and says she's ok but that it still just hurts. Doesn't wince in pain when I gently push the area. Worried but hoping it's just normal tenderness, what should I do at this point? It's Tuesday night now so it's been since Sunday afternoon and she just told me of the incident and discomfort starting this afternoon.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
How are stool and urine?
Does she pass gas?
Does she have any abdominal distension?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think ok, but haven't been paying close attention, seems to be urinating normally, haven't seen her recent bowel movements or heard her complain. She is not a big gas passer. Does have constipation a lot normally and only has a bm usually every other day or so normally. Her belly doesn't look too puffy or distended right now.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information,
As the stool, urine are fine, she does not have abdominal distension, there may not be an underlying injury.
You can give her Tylenol.
If the pain and tenderness increases, I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,she went to sleep fine but I am still up worrying. From the sounds of your answer i hope to relax a little and get some sleep my self? I am always a little more nervous than the average mom I think ;). Should I look in on her during the night for anything unusual? Check her temp? Nudge her belly for signs of discomfort? Or just let her sleep and see how she feels in the morning?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hello Cindy,
We are always anxious about our children.
It is safer to check her once at night.
If everything is as usual no need to repeat.
Hope, all will be fine.