Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician
9385906

I have bipolar depression and ADHD. I have been on Celexa 20

Customer Question

I have bipolar depression and ADHD. I have been on Celexa 20 mg since June 2008 and Aderrall 30mg (20 mg in am and 10 mg in afternoon if needed). I missed my monthly appointment last week and doc is out of town with no backup. i asked his secretary and
she said the only back up is emergency room, but they wouldn't consider the Adderall prescription to be an emergency. I called an urgent care and emergency room and they said they can't write it. I only need a 4 day supply until next Thursday when I see my
doc. I have been off of it for 6 days and I have an interview on Monday and won't do so well. What type of doctor can I see to assist? I can get my medical records. I have called other psych doctors and they have no appointments
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am a psychiatrist and I will try to provide you with a workable solution for your present predicament.

Kindly please mention if at all you have any tablets of 20 mg or 10 mg of adderrall left with you, if yes then how many of each?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have anything. I'm out of my meds

Since how long have you been taking adderall ?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
October 2013
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called the PCP also and they said that they don't write that.

Well, let's be realistic and pratical here. You see without prescription it is forbidden and illegal to give these medications so it is unlikely that you will get these medications from any of these professionals without prescription since the same this medication has a high a bus potential where in it is used by people for recreational purposes which obviously is a strict no, so even if your demand is a genuine one but the professional would always explore this possibility and would hesitate to give this drug without prescription.

Having said that here is a positive that you have in this seemingly tough predicament that you have at the moment and that is , you see since you have been taking this drug for almost 1 and half years continuously so a gap of 4 days without this drug being taken actually may not cause any withdrawal symptom since by now the levels of adder all in your system have Ben maintained and it may not get affected at all if you do not take the medication for 4 days . Also the fact that it is basically 20 mg of this drug that is being taken continuously while the other 10 mg only as prn, therefore at such a dose it becomes even more favorable for you to be able to pass these 4 days without any apparent distress caused by any sort of withdrawal.

So relax and calm your nerves , you shall be able to pass these 4 days without any problem, and also meanwhile you do this just try to accept your predicament as it is now. This will make your mind more tuned to be able to get through this ordeal rather easily than expected.

I hope his helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay but you missed the point I've been off of it now for 7 days but that's fine thanks

Well another 4 days will not change your present situation in terms of withdrawal symptoms since the levels have been stabilised in your system for a long time, so an absence of more than 2 to 3 weeks intake may bring about the withdrawal symptoms a a result of some changes being introduced in the levels within the body but not at present.

I hope this makes sense and gives you hope.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

You're welcome.

Take care.

Regards