Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Can I ask you a question on cause of groin sprain I play a

Customer Question

can I ask you a question on cause of groin sprain
I play a lot of golf, and have had a SI Joint problem that causes severe pain 2 or 3 times a year.
Can a lot of golf, then a real gripping event with very much pain from the SI Joint cause the pain to move around and strain the adductor muscles from scrotom down the indide thigh. Very painful
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
The most common cause of groin pain is muscle, tendon or ligament strain, particularly in athletes who play sports.
So as you describe,physical strenuous activity like playing golf can act as a triggering factor in your pain.
It's good to undergo X-ray/Ultrasound/MRI to rule out other underlying possible cause like renal calculus,sciatic nerve compression,piriformis syndrome,osteo-arthritis etc.
I hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The SI i floatation starting going away in 3 or 4 days while the groin pull has actually increased inpain and black of movement. Is there any particulor treatment for calming down the spine in the bact issue.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.
The line of treatment may include
NSAID like motrin for pain management.
Physical therapy.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.