Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I recently had a debilitating bout of acid reflux. I

Customer Question

I recently had a debilitating bout of acid reflux. I realized that I had not been consuming enough food (rarely hungry) and the food I was consuming was totally acidic...ie: red cherries, one mini slim Jim, two saltine crackers and sometimes 1/2 of ensue or protein bar....I would then take my meds...federally and hydrocodone along with about 12 supplements with lots of water throughout the day. (Cut back to one or two cups of coffee or tea a day and cut waayy back on cigarettes) Sometimes eat another meal..fruit or salad...Sometimes not. Don't think I've ever been so sick! Just started taking zantatac last night....threw up bile an hour later. Under a TREMENDOUS amount of stress but trying to get things under control. Need to know the proper way to take zantatac with my prescription meds....Any other insight would be incredibly helpful as well.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 10 year old autistic daughter and have had to move my mother-in-law in with me as well in order to take care of her.....husband is offshore 3 weeks out of the month and I have no other family in the area...all are at least 6 hours away. Other medical issues include Raynauds, fibromyalgia, chronic leukemia, 4 bulging discs and some strange new diagnosis of something in the base of neck not seen in anyone under the age of 70. (rheumatologist uses my case in teaching students) Not looking for sympathy....just info to show why it's imperative to be as healthy as possible in order to take care of my responsibilities.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.
Well as you describe,possible causes may include Gastritis/Gall bladder disease.
And you should take Prilosec before meals and Zantac 150 mg twice a day( morning and at bedtime) for a week.
Both of medications have less known drug interaction with other medications.
However it's good to take other medications with a gap of 4 hours after taking these medications.
If you still have persistent symptoms then consult your doctor for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.
Eat a bland diet.
Also try probiotic and metamucil.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.