How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 30626
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a itchy, red, blistery rash on the insides of my

Customer Question

I have had a itchy, red, blistery rash on the insides of my fingers for years. The rash on my fingers last for a few weeks before subsiding. I have looked at pictures and it looks a lot like dyshidrotic eczema. About 8 months ago I got the same rash on my penis shaft. I have had about 5 outbreaks there lasting about 2 weeks a time. I put hydrogen peroxide on it and it seems to make the blistered go away in about 2 days. I was wondering if the rash could have spread to my penis from my hands.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If this is dyshidrotic eczema one can get it on the hands and feet but having it on one's penis, while possible, would be fairly rare. And it isn't infectious so it really doesn't spread from the hands to some other part of the body.
Let me know if you need more information please