Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My scrotum is burning and I have tried almost all medication

Customer Question

My scrotum is burning and I have tried almost all medication and nothing works
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

I can't tell from your description of "tried almost all medications" as to what you have actually tried and what you have not...

The initial description of the burning of the scrotum makes me suspect perhaps a fungal infection as this is common problem for this area ..

A picture posted to this page may be helpful if you chose ...

If Candida dermatitis then the women's product of Monostat May be used as an external topical cream and would be probably most effective vs Candida dermatitis if that should be your culprit. Applying twice a day for 7 to 10 days would likely clear it if that was your culprit.

Note that some anti-fungal for "jock itch" are better for tinea Cruris --- different family of fungus than Candida and response to anti-fungal treatments would vary between the two types ...

Other possible causes exist ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.If you have further questions or discussion then I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been going on for almost three years. Sometimes I can feel the burning in the shaft of penis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's like I am being stick with needles

Hello-

Ok three years sounds that it may be a neurological problem and not dermatological in nature. You may benefit to consult a urologist. Possibly a medication for nerve caused pain such as Lyrics might be if some help.

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think it's neurological because warm water Irritate the skin. Also when it burns the skin becomes soft and sticky. It only bothers me during the day

Hello again---

Ok well you might have benefit to see dermatologist ...If skin sensitivity problem that a product for sunburn may have soothing effect ...gel with aloe May have a soothing effect for example ... You might try one or two of such products too a let me know later ..that would be fine... some sunburn products may have a mild numbing or soothing effect for example...

If you have irritation or redness of skin IN that area then that may be a helpful clue to problem ...

Let me know if you have further information or questions...I will be happy to get back with you!

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen a dermatologist and he prescribe steroid of which did not work.

Hello again--

I see...You would not be expected to want to use a steroid for long term. It seems that your diagnosis as to the cause remains unclear. I think follow up with dermatologist for 're-evaluation and second opinion at this point would be best path for you to take.

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion then I will be happy to get back with you.Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD